Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dragon Age: Redemption

I know I haven't done a post like this in awhile but I just recently heard about something that has gotten me very excited so I thought I'd write up something to express and explain my excitement.  In order to fully understand why this has gotten me so excited there are 2 things you need to know first. 

The first is that Dragon Age:Origins is one of the best RPGs I have played in quite awhile.  It isn't just because it had a good and interesting story, that there was a lot you could do in the game and many different paths and ways to enjoy the game but that through it all the game maintained a good sense of humor.  Throughout the game and especially in alot of the dialog there is a lot of humor and it was humor that fit into the game and the characters very well which is something I value in all my means of entertainment be it game, show or movie.  So as you can imagine I have been very excited for the upcoming Dragon Age 2 with my excitement growing as more information is released and especially since they will be releasing a playable demo on Feb 22 where we get the first chance to try it out.

The second is that I am a pretty big fan of both The Guild and Felicia Day herself, and that for the past while she has been working on a mystery project that she has been pretty tight lipped about but that the lucky few that have gotten a chance to see it have been excited about.  The past little while she has been giving a little more information about it mostly cast and crew announcements but also hinted that it may have a connection with an existing game world.

Well they have finally announced what that mystery project was and that is Dragon Age: Redemption a web series based in the same game world as both Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 which I have to say is absolutely amazing and far better then anything I imagined.  So when you combine two things which separately I am already very excited about the result is tremendous excitement and this post.  While there isn't too much information on the details of the story so far what we know is that Felicia Day will play Tallis an Elven assassin with a sarcastic sense of humor who is on a quest to hunt down a renegade magician. 

I honestly cannot wait to see this as I think Felicia Day is the ideal person to have written this as she is an avid gamer herself so would not have agreed to do this if she did not think it could be done right and done well.  She has also shown through her writing on both the Guild webseries and the Guild comic she has the same sense of combining story with humor that I think will fit in very well with the Dragon Age style of story telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment